• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland

    • Currency, arrival: you must fill a currency declaration form and have it stamped by a customs officer, if you are bringing in cash and cash equivalents in an amount exceeding EURO 5,000. 

    • Currency, departure: upon departure you are allowed to export your personal belongings, souvenirs and foreign currency up to a total amount of EURO 5,000 as well as foreign currency imported to Poland with a currency declaration form confirmed by the customs authorities.

    • Money exchange: in Poland you can change money either at a bank or at currency exchange offices, labeled "Kantor". You can find them at the airports and most hotels, but usually you can find better rates at the independent exchange offices that can be found almost everywhere. Current exchange rate can be found at

    • Credit cards: Visa, American Express, Diner's Club and MasterCard are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and shops.

    • Transport from Okęcie airport in Warsaw: buses Okęcie Airport - Warsaw (10 km) - a special AirportCity line to: Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna), downtown, and hotels: Novotel, Sobieski, Marriott, Polonia, Metropol, Forum, Bristol, Europejski and Victoria. Operating every half an hour or so 6 am. - 11 pm. Some hotels offer their own minibus service to and from the airport.

    • Taxi: at Okęcie Airport beware of taxi drivers stopping you in the airport hall, they are very likely to charge you excessive rates. All you need to do is to go out and take a cab from the queue parked in front of the entrance, they are all licensed by the airport. As far as other trips are concerned, a list of telephone numbers of reliable taxi corporations can be found in the most popular newspaper in Poland: "Gazeta Wyborcza", or just ask for advice. These will pick you up at no extra charge from any place in Warsaw, usually within a few minutes of your call.

    • Rent a car: some Europe's largest rent a car companies have their offices in the arrival halls of Polish airports as well as in some hotels.

    • Public phones require a phone card. Phone cards (of different values) are available at post offices and local kiosks.

    • Emergency number: 112

    Print Print Share: